Tuesday 9 August 2011

Luau Party!

Little e was 3 yesterday and on Friday we had a Luau party for her friends. She spotted the Luau decorations in the dollar store when we were in Florida so we squeezed them in to our suitcases and brought them home!

For the door decor I used 2 lei's wrapped round a wreath with 3 paper umbrellas stuck in to it.


I got a pineapple and 3 coconuts to decorate the table and we had biscuits, pineapple, blueberries, popcorn, some sweets and yogourts to eat! Needless to say I was left with almost all the fruit and no sweets...!



I made and decorated the top biscuits but the gingerbread people were from the local supermarket. Why do kids always go for the bought ones first?!

Each child got a lei when they came in, little e refused to wear one, or the special grass skirt I bought her! I used some spare leis as curtain tie backs and to hang from random places throughout the house!

Little e requested a pink love heart cake...


I had a bit of fun and made a pink vanilla sponge!


The colours are not as graduated in colour as I was aiming for but it looked fine!








Linking up to these fab linky parties!

10 comments:

  1. What a fun and bright loooking party! Love the gingerbread hula girls and boys!! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I'm also planning a birthday party for my soon-to-be 2 year old (minniemousebirthday.blogspot.com), so I can relate with how much work it must have took for you to have such an awesome party!

    I'd love for you to stop by and add your fantastic project to our first blog party this Thursday! It's a party specifically for kids' and teens' craft projects and other ideas, so your idea would be perfect! Hope to see you then!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, I LOVE this party theme. You hit it right on, and I should know being from Hawaii. You can throw me a luau party any day. Happy Birthday to your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm where was my invitation? ha! that party looks awesome! great job!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wreath.. and those cookies are too cute! Visiting from Creating Success Around the World blog hop. Hope to see you there again next week. Thanks for linking!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun party! Thanks for sharing your ideas. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!! I love the cookies :) I hope you can swing by and link up to my Sweet Treats Party & GIVEAWAY tomorrow!

    I'm also your newest follower and would love a follow back when you have a minute to check out my blog!

    Ashton
    http://www.somethingswanky.com
    {Sweet Treats Thursday} Thu-Sun

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an awesome job you did:)
    I'd love to have the recipe for the sponge pink cake... please please!

    My daughter will be three next month. I can't even believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea! Everything looks beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up! Have a great weekend!
    Crystal
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab party! I think the cake looks great, who needs graduated colors anyway! HA! Just wanted to stop by and say thank ya much for linking up with the frog last week! I hope you will join me again tomorrow. I am loving seeing what you link!
    HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.