Thursday 1 September 2011

Vintage Dress




I bought this dress in a charity shop for £9, I fell in love with the fabric, about 75% of my wardrobe is blue...! And it was made in Scotland which makes it even more desirable!

It fitted fine so all I have done to make it less granny ish is take up the sleeves to 3/4 length and shorten the skirt from calf to knee length!


I wore this to the wedding fair I was showing at and really felt like I stood out but not in a 'what the hell is she wearing' type of way! There were loads of really vintagy dressed people there, some burlesque 40's and some granny chic, I was in the second camp!






Linking up to these fab linky parties!



Recycled Fashion

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, you've made the dress much more wearable. I'm a big fan of blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks adorable paired with the belt, too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.