Saturday 18 February 2012

A hoodie and a very silly mistake...!

Earlier in the week I decided it was time to do some stash busting... My mountain of fabric is screaming to be used so, to use up some of the more bulky fabric (bamboo sweatshirt style material), I thought a hoodie was the way to go. I used the pattern from this fab book.
image from amazon

All was going brilliantly, overlocker was behaving, sewing machine was behaving, fabric was behaving, unfortunately my brain was not functioning 100% (I blame the wee girl who visits our bed at least twice a night to snuggle in, then after 10 mins decides she wants to be taken back to her bed where I then have to sit and rub her legs till she is almost asleep, and of course all this has to be done by me because if daddy goes near her she just screams and wakes her brother......can you tell this annoys me, I hope so!!!).

I was at the zip stage and I had a feeling, you know the one, where you know something is  not right but you can't quite put your finger on what's wrong so you carry on regardless.....


It was only when I came to unzip the top to try it on I realised my mistake......yes I had sewn a dress zip that obviously didn't open on to my hoodie, not clever! But...I loved it so wore it anyway until the proper zip arrived! New zip is now sewn on but the fabric has stretched and the zip is a bit wavy but I can't face unpicking it again so it will have to do for now!







You can sometimes find me linking to these fab linky parties!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really cool!! I am slowly learning how to sew. My ultimate goal is to wear something I have made, so you are an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I started small with simple dresses for my daughter and was amazed how making a few simple patterns was all it really took to become fairly confident, still prone to silly mistakes though :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you made that yourself? Im-pres-sive!! :)

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab to me, well done! Me and my sewing machine don't get on :( ha ha! Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that looks pretty good! I don't have a sewing machine and patterns are complete mysteries to me... yours turned out pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job with the hoodie! I would love for you to stop by and link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! I love the colors!
    I have the same problems with my little girl too! ...and also with her little brother :-P If you figure out how to get them to sleep through the night LET ME KNOW! I'm dying to sleep more than 2 hours at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will let you know if I come across a magic cure for sleepless nights!!

      Delete
  7. Great hoodie! Funny story about using the dress zip - that's totally something I would do! Glad it all turned out in the end!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! Can't believe you made it yourself!! Happy to have you at Things I've Done Thursday! www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.