Sunday 12 February 2012

What a week!

Busy busy busy here, what with Grandparent in hospital, school event, and 2 birthday parties, I have hardly had a moment to breathe never mind blog! So, here is a wee peek at what I have been making over the last few weeks...

It was Big E's friends 6th birthday on Friday and I made her an art satchel, the same as the one I made here, from the book Sew Liberated.



She was supposed to get it for her Christmas but the house move meant that that didn't happen! I embellished the front with flowers to break up the orange (which was a table cloth from the Ikea fabric bin in the reject section!) a bit.

I have also made another wooden necklace, this time in red and white with black ribbon. It will be winging it's way to a special friend!


Last but not least, I finished crocheting my small granny square cushion cover.


My hook was too big and the wool kept splitting (it was Debbie Bliss 100% merino as well....) but I like it. I have a real desire to buy some gorgeous coloured cotton and make more but that would not help the de-cluttering exercise going on at the moment!!

Hopefully more to come next week, made myself a hoodie today but put a dress zip in it so it has to come off like a jumper.....will take a picture once I have rectified my rather silly mistake :)



4 comments:

  1. I love that little art satchel Alison! The flowers are so cute on the bright orange!
    Hope all's well and calmed down for you now!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I received your wonderful giveaway gift the other day - it's gorgeous I love everything to bits!! I've been wearing it all ever since. I'm going to do an official 'thank you' post just as soon as I can but wanted to let you know straight away how pleased and grateful I am!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little satchel is great! So glad that you linked this to Things I've Done Thursday~

    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO great! I LOVE that little satchel! Orange is such a fun under-used color!
    And that little necklace is too cute! I need to go through my bead stash and see if I can make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.