Thursday 25 October 2012

Banksia Top Number 4!

Yes, I have made yet another one:) Meet Banksia Number 4...

Big E took the photo and cut off half my head, no bad thing really!!

My Banksia number 2

RIP dear top, your collar and buttons will have life again though!

disintegrated on me (the downfall of using very very old blackout blind fabric...) so I had to make another!

This time I altered the pattern for jersey material and, using fabric that had been lingering in my stash, made a jersey version. I added contrasting bands on the cuffs and bottom which avoided having to hem the edges which never ever goes right for me! This is my favourite so far, much much better length and less of a tent effect from my bust!

I think I might make just one more, to use the collar and buttons from number 2.... now which fabric should I use this time??



3 comments:

  1. I like the colours of number 4 top and very flattering.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one Alison! and the contrasting cuffs and base strip look great!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute top! Good job. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.