Sunday 6 January 2013

How not to start a crochet project...

I am impatient. So, when inspiration struck and I decided I was going to crochet this jumper  I had to start. 

Lady Like Jumper from Lion Brand

I had the perfect wool, a large hank of tweedy wool brought back from Lewis when my Mum was there for a meeting about 3 years ago. Now, I knew you were supposed to wind the hank in to balls but I was sure I would manage so skipped that step.


This is how far I got before I had to snip the wool and admit defeat, I was in an awful tangle...

Luckily I had two trusty assistants (thanks Mum and Dad) to help try and unravel my knotty mess.

 
I think 'we' got about half the wool untwisted, the rest is sitting waiting for something good to be on the TV so I can unknot and watch at the same time!







Linking to some of these linky parties.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear Alison! Good old Mum and Dad!! Hope you get all untangled soon - the jumper looks lovely!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one tangled mess.
    Caolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely (and complex) jumper to make. Patience might be needed though :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping over from Super Handmade Sundays! That is one big tangle haha. I ended up in a similar state when I had a ball of wool from which I tried to use both ends at the same time (for double thickness)... It was a mess!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear, I know this scenario well! Good on you for getting your mum and dad to sort it out, I hate untangling yarn and usually make my husband do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been there! Good luck. I’m a new follower. I saw your link on Creating my Way to Success. I would love for you to come by and share your creativity with my friends @
    http://www.flusterbuster.com/search/label/Fluster%20Muster%20Party

    Robin@ Fluster Buster
    Fluster Muster Linky Party - Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! I've done this before too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, just wanted to say that I love your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. I would love if you can come and accept at http://andwhosaysyoucant.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.