DIY Ninja Costume19:46
Big E has been requesting a Ninja costume for ages, so, after being asked for the millionth time, I raked around my fabric stash, found an old white sheet, and got to work.
I used McCalls 3416 as the starting point. The trousers were easy, simple elasticated waist and baggy straight legs.
The shirt front and arms were as the pattern but I modified the front shirt pieces to make it overlapping with no fastenings.All this involved was continuing the v of the neckline across the body in a straight line stopping once it was the width of the shirt. I did the same on the other side but didn't continue the v down as far as it was going underneath the other side.
I added a facing on the outside of the neckline to add some detail and made a simple belt out of strips of cotton.
After all the asking it only took a couple of hours to make, and I now have a very happy boy!
He has now requested a mask like the lego ninjago figures.... off to find another white sheet...
Linking up to these linky parties.