Monday 27 May 2013

DIY Simple Swarovski Earrings


These are possibly the simplest earrings you can make, once you have mastered the art of making the loop at the top you can make them in seconds!

I used Rebecca's tutorial at My Girlish Whims to learn how to do the loop at the top, it is a great tutorial and there are many more, I highly recommend having a look! There are also loads of tutorials on you tube if you prefer seeing it being done!

Anyway, here is how you make them.

You will need,
any Swarovski* elements that you want to use (I use bicone crystals and pearls for most of the jewellery),





Now,






Now you have a new pair of earrings in next to no time! I am slightly addicted to making these, the possibilities are endless!

* I always use genuine Swarovski elements as they are ethically made in Austria. The equivalents from China are almost certainly made in less than ideal situations (given that the minimum wage in certain areas is as low as $0.30 per hour). Unfortunately I have not found a place to get ethical non sterling silver findings so for all the jewellery I make and sell I only use Sterling Silver, made in the UK, findings which increases costs but is better for the conscience!!






Linking to some of these fab linky parties!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous earrings, I can see how they can get addictive to make.

    Have a great day, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I haven't tried making jewelry yet but I'm getting ready to!
    I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison,

    What a wonderful tutorial and how beautiful your jewelry is-very nice!

    We just wanted to thank you for linking up your post to BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Tuesday Link and Hop. BeBetsy Link and Hop

    Hope to see you next week-love your creativeness!

    the best to you,
    Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I know I would not have the patience for this ;) ...you're so crafty, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop 55. We can't wait to see what you have for us this week. This weeks party is live.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.