Shapeless top to Summer Skirt

22:36



I acquired this top when my sister was having a clear out ages ago.


I knew it would be easy to make it into a skirt but didn't see the point when we never normally get much summery weather and I really didn't need another hardly worn summer skirt!

This summer has been the exception so far though, glorious sunshine for 3 weeks now and it is not looking to end soon so the top has been brought out of its 2 years hibermation in a suitcase under the bed ready to be made in to a skirt.

I cut off the straps, re stitched the band at the top that was now the waist band, then took in the waist a little and I had a fab new skirt with ready made button closure!


One of my favourite summer skirts now. Long may the sunny weather continue!






Linking to some of these fab parties!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. What a great idea! I bet you're glad you'd saved it for all that time - this weather is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fab idea - I have just been given a top that is a bit too big, this would be perfect! Thanks for the inspiration! Yours looks great on and such a perfect summery colour!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! You are so creative with your sewing projects :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely skirt Alison! I'd heard the UK was having a heatwave! Enjoy your lovely weather - hope it lasts for you.

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love for you to share this at my link up that goes live tomorrow at 8am
    http://myfashionforwardblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so funny it looks more like a skirt than a top, even before the refashion! It's worked really well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...