Sunday 8 December 2013

Tartan Skirt Refashion

I have been wanting to get a tartan skirt for ages so when I found a 100% wool skirt for £7 on ebay I jumped at the chance! I forgot to take any before photos but imagine a below the knee pencil skirt that was about two sizes too big! .


Now it is an above the knee pencil skirt that I love (not sure why there is a funny sticky out bit on the right, must be the way I am standing)! The skirt has a centre back zip so taking in the sides was easy and then I re-hemmed it at a better length.


It looks a little crushed in the photos, that is what 2 days in a row wearing it does :)

A final photo, this is what it looks like when it has just rescued a tree that has fallen over and deposited most of the decorations on the floor...(the innocent looking little girl was not innocent)!


Off to re-decorate the tree now...!







linking to some of these fab link parties!

5 comments:

  1. The skirt looks great.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor tree - we have had to tie ours to the wall this year. The baby likes to pull at it!

    Your tartan skirt is gorgeous, love the colour. Oh and I love your snowflake header, so pretty :)

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I used to have one just like this, and loved it! Hope your tree made a good recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. We love having your join the fun.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.