Monday 20 January 2014

A Harry Potter Party

Big E is 8 today, how time flies! On Saturday we had a Harry Potter Party for his friends, here is a peek, can't put many of the photos on here because they all have other children in them! 

 

When they arrived they went to Ollivanders and each got a wand (I made 15, forgot to take a photo of them all though!).


I used this method and it worked so well, everyone thought I had bought the wands!

They then all got a spell book and pencil.


I did and Potions class with them and we did 2 experiments. This one, which is the classic bicarbonate of soda and vinegar experiment, and this one,  which is oil and water which you make bubbles in with fizzy tablets, you can see the remnants of the second one below.


They loved them!

We then had a Herbology lesson and planted Beastly Broad Beans and Snapping Dragon Flowers. Again they loved it.


Then it was time for food. We just had some fruit, popcorn and some crispy cakes as it was mid morning but I did make some Butter Beer for them to try.


We had loads of candles about the house, both fires on and Moaning Myrtle in the toilet! We put an mp3 of Myrtle on my husbands phone and hid it in the toilet so whenever they went in they heard her speaking.



Everyone had a great time and I saved a fortune. It worked out at about £2.50 per child rather than the normal £8 - £10 per child if you go to a play centre!

Yesterday we had a family 'do' and I made a special cake (the one for the party was awful!)



I can't believe my baby is 8!







Linking to some of these fab linkys!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome party Alison, you thought of everything - the wands are fab, and what great attention to detail with Myrtle! Happy Birthday to your boy, my eldest boy will be 8 too in March, time flies!

    Hope you are well, hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful party! So resourceful and fun for the children! I have seen many USA children's parties on Pinterest and they are so over the top. You're such a creative Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing stuff, well done! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a great party. The wands look amazing.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is genius! I am so impressed by it all, particularly the wands. What a great idea, and Big E looks so chuffed!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.