A Sorbetto Top - Only 3 years late to the party :)20:20
I think everyone in the sewing world has made a Sorbetto top but I never thought it would do anything for me so have resisted the urge... until now!
I am going to start doing some local sewing classes and wanted a free and fairly easy pattern to begin with so thought I would test out the Sorbetto.
It was easy to make and is a great stash buster. I cut a size 12 over the bust and just under bust area, reducing to an 8 over the hips. I also made the shoulders more square and deepened the arm hole to take account of my ample upper arms!
I had an issue with major baggyness in the top of bust arm hole area to I just stuck in a few extra darts and that sorted it. I should probably have worked out the correct size for my high bust then done a FBA, that was far too much work though :)
It fits nicely and, surprisingly, doesn't make me look too huge! I think I will make more for the summer and maybe even try adding sleeves to one.
Now, I am off to attack my 2 week old Josephine top with some Dylon. Hopefully it will emerge looking slightly less like 'convent/religious institution' wear (do not make it out of plain cream cotton!!) If it goes well I will be back to show you :)