I have been itching to make the some Tania culottes for ages, I got the pattern for my birthday last November but couldn't find the perfect fabric without buying new which I didn't want to do. Then, whilst browsing ebay (obviously, where else:) ), I stumbled across someone selling loads of stash fabric in the same village I live in - perfect, no postage costs! I went a picked up the fabric from a lovely Korean lady who blogs here - wow. I got 2m of grey jersey and 3m of floral pattern satin with a slightly textured finish.
|red is more pink in real life...|
I was daring and cut a 14 and it is snug at the waist but actually fits, normally I need a 16+ at the waist, yipee!I also lengthened the pattern, I didn't fancy (read: don't have the legs for) mini culottes then fought with them to get the hem level, everyone says to leave them at least 24hrs to settle and they are right!
I did a rolled hem on my overlocker as I couldn't face doing a narrow hem, I reckon it saved an evening of sewing and a lot of swearing at the sewing machine!
Of course, I had to take the obligatory culottes photo!!
Off to find more fabric, I need more of these in my wardrobe!