Wednesday 10 June 2015

Many Renfrew Tops!

Anyone else on a come down after Me Made May?! I really enjoyed seeing everyone's outfits every day and have a long wish list of patterns now!

The main thing it highlighted for me was my lack of self coloured tops, the two I wear most oftem are heading for the recycling as they are well past their best!

The only solution was to do more sewing, oh what a shame...!
 

I bought some interlock jersey on ebay, not organic or fairtrade but made in the UK so hopefully better than some fabrics. I deliberately chose interlock as I figure it will look like a normal top but have extra warmth of the slightly thicker knit which can never be a bad thing in Scotland!


I made this version first, size 12 over bust going to 10 over hips but it is a wee bit big.


This one is a straight 10 and fits perfectly. It will soon be joined by a cream and navy version when sewing time allows!

To combat all the plain fabric I went mad and made another 2 in floral.


This one used the left over fabric from my Lady Skater. Imaginative cutting was needed to squeeze it in to the remaining fabric, you can't tell now it is made up though.


This one is Liberty jersey from ebay, I had it in my basket for weeks and finally gave in. It was £9.99 for the meter but I love it!

I think my only sewing plan for June will be to make a bodice block so I can make myself a summer dress for my holidays in July. I have started a small business doing alterations/mending/custom clothing and sewing kits so most of my time is going into that at the moment. There has been a fair bit of interest in the alterations and mending which is keeping me busy. I seem to have finally found something I can do from home, in my own time, and actually earn a bit of money from, phew! The thought of juggling childcare / children's activities / my Granny (who is 99 and very very demanding...) / spending time with my Mum / and a proper job was giving me nightmares!

1 comment:

  1. Great tops. I have bought some plain jersey as well. MMM made me realise that I need some plain short sleeve tops. The liberty jersey T-shirt is fabulous. Good luck with your new venture.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.