Tuesday 26 January 2016

A birthday, 5 years blogging and playing with Harris Tweed

 Big E was 10 last week. TEN!! How is that even possible?!

That also means that since it is 5 years since I started blogging, half of Big E's life is recorded here in some way or another. Hopefully I can keep posting here semi regularly although at the moment I don't feel like I have much to write about...

One of the things I do have to write about is some sewing . I have mentioned before that I set up a small business, Coo Creations, last year. I do alterations etc in the Edinburgh area and it is great but hemming things constantly can be soul destroying so I decided I needed a more creative part to the business. After a lot of pondering I decided to make small sewn things out of Recycled fabric and Harris Tweed.

 I never throw any good fabric away and after doing various commissions for people I have ended up with a stash of tweeds, tartans and upholstery fabric that is crying out to be made into things.




I have spent the last few weeks sewing hearts, notebook covers and gadget cases and am slowly listing them in my new Etsy shop. I haven't sold anything of course but there is always time and this part of the process is keeping me entertained for now :)




7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. Lots of luck with the shop, and happy birthday to your big boy. My eldest will be ten in June, no idea where the time has gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday big E!! Good luck with the shop. The things look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation on your 5th birthday and to big E on his 10th. Hope you Etsy shop does well.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation on your 5th birthday and to big E on his 10th. Hope you Etsy shop does well.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest will be 9 next month and I am struggling to come to terms with it!!!! Good luck with your etsy shop! New adventures are always exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.